Re: :zz: How to get ZigZag working on Win32.

Andrew Pam wrote:

> A patch would be very useful, since we could then include that with the
> source.  A ready-to-run Zip would also be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Included:- 3 files.

a diff for "zigzag" called pl.diff and a diff for "zigzag.pm" called
pm.diff.  These were made using verion 0.68 of Zigzag.  Also included is
a small text file with a reminder of what you need to make this run on a
Win32 system.

These files can also be found at http://www.meply.demon.co.uk/zigzag.htm
Here you'll also find ready patched versions of the scripts.

I'm not sure how usefull a diff file will be to most Win 32 users as
they don't usually have access to patch tools.

I've got myself a copy of the activestate build of perl for win32.  I
think it will become the preferred (and possibly the only) build of perl
for Win32 now that Gurusamy Sarathy actually works for activestate.
I'll be seeing what you have to do to get Zigzag working under that
version.

Sorry this took so long, but I don't have a PC at the moment.

Cheers,

Andy.
30a31
> #
67c68
< use POSIX;
---
> #use POSIX;
69c70
<
---
> use IO::Seekable;
92c93
< my $TEMP_FILE = "/tmp/zigzag-$<-$^T"; # Filename used for external editing
---
> my $TEMP_FILE = "c:\\windows\\temp\\zigzag-$<-$^T"; # Filename used for external editing
628c629
<   erase($win) unless $preview;
---
>   erase($win);
823c824
<     { display_status_draw(NULL); }
---
>     { display_status_draw(''); }
841,842c842,844
<   my $key_pressed = input_get_any();
<   my $i;
---
>   my ($i,$key_pressed);
>   for ($i = 0; $i <= $#Window_Dirty; $i++) { display_draw_window($i, defined($key_pressed)); }
>   $key_pressed = input_get_any();
848c850
<     { display_status_draw(NULL); }
---
>     { display_status_draw(''); }
74c74
< package Zigzag;
---
> package ZigzagWin32;
134c134
< use POSIX;
---
> #use POSIX;
137a138
> use IO::Seekable;
This is a version of Zigzag that will run on Windows 95, 98, NT, etc.

This version has been written for the Gurusamy Sarathy build of perl [1] and
you'll also need his build of DB_file [2] installed.

ZigzagWin32 Assumes that your temporary folder is in "c:\windows\temp".

Remember to set the EDITOR enviroment variable before running zigzag,
the default text editor "edit" works very well.

Have Fun,

Andy. (andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

[1]
ftp://ftp.iguide.com/pub/mirrors/packages/perl/CPAN/ports/win95/Standard/x8
6/perl5.00402-bindist04-bc.zip
[2]
ftp://ftp.iguide.com/pub/mirrors/packages/perl/CPAN/ports/win95/Standard/x8
6/DB_File-1.54-bin-v3-x86-mswin32-bc.zip