Re: [zzdev] Re: :zz: The !@#$% General solution impossible?

At 02:07 AM 4/3/99 , Ted Nelson wrote:
>You said:
>>I don't presently see any simple solution for the general case, except
>>to note that these are traditional problems of parallelism ...
>
>The reason is that if we aren't seriously simplifying
> in some original way, maybe we shouldn't be doing it.

E's concurrency control model, derived from Actors, FCP, and Joule
http://www.agorics.com/joule.html but reconciled with sequential
programming, is a solution to the general concurrency control problem that's
much simpler and more robust than the thread/locking model.  Unfortunately,
I haven't adequately documented this model yet, but see
"http://www.erights.org";, especially
"http://www.erights.org/elib/concurrency/index.html"; and
"http://www.erights.org/elib/concurrency/vat.html";.  My guess is that all
this would apply perfectly well to zigzag.

	Cheers,
	--MarkM