:zz,biz: Importance-- and danger-- of a Windows distribution

Andrew,

Your reply suggests that the Linux source distribution
 is the important thing.  If we get a distributable for Windows,
 that's the ball game-- we're on our way to Product!
 And many thousands of people will try it, even in its
 current state.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that if it contains a virus, I am INFINITELY
 liable financially, since we don't have a Xanadu corporation.

Marlene and I will probably set one up in May.

In the meantime, if we DO get a Windows distribution,
 DON'T SEND IT OUT until you've looked it over VERY
 carefully.  Indeed, until we have the protection of a corporation.

Now, KEY QUESTION:

If his arrangement works, will you be able to continue
 modifying the ZZ source without having to redo it or
 the virus issue what it is).

Thanks and WOW!

At 01:43 PM 3/22/99 +1100, you wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 10:47:27AM +0000, Andy McFarland wrote:
>> How would you like ZZ for win32?
>> as a patch, as a working script, as a zip containing everything needed
>> to make it run?
>
>A patch would be very useful, since we could then include that with the
>source.  A ready-to-run Zip would also be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
>
>> Congratulations on the new version.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Cheers,
>	*** Xanni ***
>--
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.com.au/                       Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/                   Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/                   Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia  Phone +61 3 96511511

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
QOD 99.03.21
Some plexities are calmer than others.  TN99