[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
:zz: Hating moving the cursor?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: :zz: Hating moving the cursor?
- From: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 01:01:21 +0900
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <19981001051211.A21628@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <18.104.22.168.19980930170822.00837100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.19980929193119.00f5dae0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <126.96.36.199.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <188.8.131.52.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980929113925.C940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <184.108.40.206.19980929193119.00f5dae0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980929210110.B1202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <220.127.116.11.19980930170822.00837100@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
At 05:12 AM 10/1/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>> I'm all for generality, but since 75% of keyboards
>> (an Official Figure I just heard a voice whisper
>> from nowhere) are the standard silly arrangement,
>> there might well should be an option for those
>> who have this keyboard and want four windows.
>Why not select just the arrows for moving around, and use (say)
>alt-1, alt-2 for selecting which window they apply to?
>who hates using the program at the moment, every time I want
>to move a cursor it takes me 10 seconds to figure it out!
>: Gossamer gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Xanadoodler
>: http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/ | And proud of it :)
>: If we discovered we only had five minutes left to say all that we
>: wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people
>: calling other people to stammer that they loved them.
>: -- Christopher Morley
Theodor Holm Nelson, Visiting Professor of Environmental Information
Keio University, Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368 (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.09.25:
"Love is the marshmallow on top of the blood-and-guts sundae we call life."