[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :zz: HEY! We can control FOUR WINDOWS!
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :zz: HEY! We can control FOUR WINDOWS!
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 1998 21:01:10 +1000
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19980929193119.00f5dae0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 07:31:19PM +0900
- References: <18.104.22.168.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.19980929093021.010b33b0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19980929113925.C940@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <126.96.36.199.19980929193119.00f5dae0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Sep 29, 1998 at 07:31:19PM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >I think if we go to more than two windows we may want an input method
> >that can be generalised to an arbitrary number of windows.
> Fer sure. But if we have to live with the stupid
> special-case PC keyboards, we might as well
> get special-case use out of them.
We don't, though. Since Zigzag can be run on any Unix system, or via
telnet from any system at all, we should try not to assume anything
about the keyboard. The existing keymappings already try to take this
into account, with no essential functions mapped to keys that may not
be available on some systems.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511