"Re: [zzdev] :zz: Four keypads chugging at once

Hi--

>Why not select just the arrows for moving around, and use (say)
>alt-1, alt-2 for selecting which window they apply to?

That sort of thing will be an alternative, especially when we
 get to three and more windows.

However, putting it on cokebottle keys like Alt and Function
 is not for Nelson-users.  (I use that term for the users I
 sympathize with: Frantic, Angry, easily distracted, unable
 to remember inconsequential distinctions, and working
 on everything at once.)

ChrzT

At 05:12 AM 10/1/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Ted Nelson wrote:
>>  I'm all for generality, but since 75% of keyboards
>>  (an Official Figure I just heard a voice whisper
>>  from nowhere) are the standard silly arrangement,
>>  there might well should be an option for those
>>  who have this keyboard and want four windows.
>
>Why not select just the arrows for moving around, and use (say)
>alt-1, alt-2 for selecting which window they apply to?
>

>Gossamer
>who hates using the program at the moment, every time I want
>to move a cursor it takes me 10 seconds to figure it out!
>
>--
>: Gossamer     gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  | Xanadoodler
>: http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/  | And proud of it :)
>: If we discovered we only had five minutes left to say all that we
>: wanted to say, every telephone booth would be occupied by people
>: calling other people to stammer that they loved them.
>: -- Christopher Morley

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.09.25:
"Love is the marshmallow on top of the blood-and-guts sundae we call life."
 TN 98.07