:zz: slice model (was Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: Two hashtables per cell? No way!

I've designed a model I call Slices, which allows you to control
 sectional loading of a humungous space, but implementation
 seems still to be concentrating on other things.

(I'll be putting the slice design on the Web, but I don't know when
 I'll have time.)

Best, Ted Nelson

At 01:18 PM 10/17/00 -0400, you wrote:

>From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
><snip>
>> > Then, of course, we'd need to make ZZDimSpace abstract, and create a new
>> > ZZLocalDimSpace subclass, which stores the contents in hashtables. But
>> > that's not a big deal, really.
>>
>> Hmm... currently everything is always loaded in memory anyway so we can
>> easily do that.
>>

>Question: does loading everything in memory imply that it is or will be
>possible to build models far too large for memory?  Does this mean there is
>or needs to be a virtual memory model for gzz?
>
>Jack Park

>This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
>contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
>the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
>If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
>of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>immediately.

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965