[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- To: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:59:36 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>, Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <20000704140853.17842.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > If you want a tool that can rename all connections in a given
> > dimension, it would be possible but potentially very slow if you
> > have a lot of cells!
> If links knew their dimensions by ID number instead of by name, then
> it would be trivial to rename a dimension. You might also be able to
> get a speedup when deleting a dimension by deferring the actual
> deletion until the next time the data was dumped out to persistent
> storage, or even longer.
One possible ID would simply be the root clone cell of the dimension.