[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- To: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 10:08:53 -0400
- Cc: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>, Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mjd@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Tue, 04 Jul 2000 23:47:46 +1000." <20000704234746.F2579@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> If you want a tool that can rename all connections in a given
> dimension, it would be possible but potentially very slow if you
> have a lot of cells!
If links knew their dimensions by ID number instead of by name, then
it would be trivial to rename a dimension. You might also be able to
get a speedup when deleting a dimension by deferring the actual
deletion until the next time the data was dumped out to persistent
storage, or even longer.