[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: :zz: Does the Boot Disk now do Saves? ChrzT
- To: Mark Oeltjenbruns <mark_oeltjenbruns@xxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: :zz: Does the Boot Disk now do Saves? ChrzT
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 12 Oct 1998 23:25:49 +1000
- In-reply-to: <000001bdf5e0$b20e4140$796064a7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Mark Oeltjenbruns on Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 08:03:23AM -0500
- References: <19981012224409.G3797@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <000001bdf5e0$b20e4140$796064a7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 08:03:23AM -0500, Mark Oeltjenbruns wrote:
> Just to double check my problem, I formatted a disk and tried it again.
> Same thing happened. I got the Save prompt, put in fresh disk, it clicked
> and whirled a while, a 'see www.xanadu... for more info' came up with a
> bunch of # # # # >> # # > > on the bottom with the disk light staying on.
Then it should have correctly saved, exited and halted the system.
Have you looked at the contents of the disk?
> Tried rebooting to Zigzag and load the dataset but it flashed up a brief
> message I think saying it couldn't open the file or something. This is the
> same thing that happened on my home system. Only tried on two systems since
> I got the same thing to happen on both.
Hmmm. Not sure why it didn't load - could you check what's on the disk?
> I tried to get it working under a Windows perl version but wasn't
> successful, any plans on porting to Windows/Dos system?
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Technical VP, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511