Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: Nile in Microsoft Word

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 01:12:18PM +1100, Andrew Pam wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 09:08:42PM +0000, Brent Turcotte wrote:
> > > I was curious to see if it were possible to program the
> > > features of Nile into Microsoft Word 97, via macros.  It is
> > > apparently possible, but the design can't be copied exactly (ie some
> > > keys can not be assigned such as the tab key).  I am currently
> > > working on the first half of the Nile design, the hop operation.
> > >
> > > It also seems that it is possible draw lines on the text area,
> > > so that transclusions can be shown, which I had not expected.
> > >
> > > When I am finished I will post the macro code on my website if
> > > anybody is interested.
> >
> > Cool idea!
> >
> > Should be easy to do in emacs, of course.  :)
>
> Of course, these are the easy parts of that... billowing, cool
> visualizations etc are going to be a bit more difficult...

Well, I think the editing tools would be real helpful, and the transclusions
are the real killer. Brent, if you really manage to do that, PLEASE tell us!
I'd so much like to use this!

The billowing and "cool visualizations" are much less of a concern for me,
really...
- Benja

http://www.gmx.de