[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Notes on accessing past versions
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Notes on accessing past versions
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:46:09 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
I just committed the code for accessing past versions of a space.
It works only with cachedimspaces (the new format).
A small user's guide:
- On the dimension version:list there is a rank with the space
homecell as the headcell which lists currently active versions
in ascending order of version numbers. The tailcell always
indicates the last committed version.
- You can activate a version by creating first a cell elsewhere
with the version number as its content and then connecting
that cell to the previously mentioned rank.
- The home cell of a version lies posward along version:home from the cell of
this version on the version:list rank.
- The past version's connections are on new dimensions. For example,
the old version's (number 42, say) dimension "d.1" is shown as the
dimension "version:42.d.1". I know this is a PITA, but it's the best
I could do fast. I'll investigate other solutions.
- The past version's cells and dimensions are immutable.
- The cells on the version:list rank are immutable and semi-persistent.
Such a cell is persistent if and only if it or any cell of its
associated space is connected to some cell along some persistent
- The version:list dimension is deep magic and in some ways (namely, in how
it handles connecting along it) violates the ZigZag paradigm. Tell me what
you think about it.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%