Re: [zigzag] GZigZag 0.5.0 has been released]

On 20010123T023425+0900, Edward Harter wrote:
> P.S. AJ, I think you may be confusing 'stasis' as in, 'we put him
> into the Chrono-Warp field for thirteen centuries, and when we
> finally released him from his stasis he hadn't changed or aged one
> iota'; with 'stable', as in 'the Gossamer Condor, though not as
> reliable as a 747-400 or an Airbus, was stable enough, and safe
> enough, to be pedaled across the English Channel by one man, thereby
> vindicating both the dreams of the inventor and the excellence of the
> engineering team who built this human-powered plane, in its triumphal
> flight.'

No, I'm not.  "Stable" is a common term in software development, and in
that context it means that the software is not a moving target.

--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%

                     Keep the Deja Archive Alive!
        http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html