Re: [zzdev] We're onto something

> > Especially since it animates the hops so that it looks really pretty (and
> > is not disorienting).
>
> Yep, but it's too slow. Probably we need a way to have the update
> manager use different durations for different views -- maybe the views
> should save them in the ZZScenes (i.e., flobsets) or something. Text
> reactions just have to be faster than cell reactions, especially when
> you're typing text in. (Well, same for typing text into cells, so maybe
> the primitive actions should set the duration.)

Well, for some actions it already sets the updatemanager to not spend time
on the update.

Note that when you hop around, if you hop faster, the animation speeds up.
The key thing to realize is that you don't have to wait for it to complete
the previous action in order to press the key again.

But yes, much work is needed there.

	Tuomas