:gzz: And you guys LIKE Sourceforge? (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

As I lurk on these messages about the complexities of Sourceforge,
 it almost sounds to me that starting your own site would be easier ...

But hey, I'm glad you're on top of it !-)

ChrzT

At 02:52 PM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:29:40AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
>> Ouch. That means that when making a version, we must make a temporary
>> change to CVS and then back that change out again?
>
>No, when releasing, we should *first* make a branch for the release,
>make the version change in that branch and *then* tag the final version,
>in that branch.  No version changes *ever* in CVS trunk.
>
>That also allows us, if we ever decide to do that, to make maintenance
>releases by just checking out the branch, making the fixes, tagging
>and releasing.
>
>--
>%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965