:gzz: Oh, I get it about the cursor (wuz Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Direction and name of d.cursor

Excuse me for not quite having understood.

>Because the current prototype *is* wrong: the accursed cell being
>the posend, not the negend.

Yes, of course the accursed cell shd be the negend.

CheerzT

At 04:54 AM 7/11/00 +0300, you wrote:
>> I guess one might think I'm sort of reluctant to work ie. to code.
>> Tuomas assigned me the job of reversing the directions of d.cursor.
>
>Because the current prototype *is* wrong: the accursed cell being
>the posend, not the negend.
>
>> |heading|-|chapter 1|
>>           |chapter 2|
>>           |chapter 3|
>> Here, you get the "special" cell going up the rank and then negwards on
>> d.contains. (Notice that here again, going poswards on d.contents gives
>> you the contents.) The headcell (chapter 1) has no special meaning here.
>
>Actually, we often write this like
>
> |heading|-|  +      |
>           |chapter 1|
>           |chapter 2|
>           |chapter 3|
>
>i.e. inserting a dummy cell *exactly* because of this.  This is called
>a corner list.  At this point, all chapters are headcells.
>
>> Thanks if you bothered to read this through. If you say that Tuomas's
>> suggestion is the right way to do it, then I'll do it.
>
>This is something that has already been discussed with Ted. Unless
>he has changed his mind.
>
>	Tuomas

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965