[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag commit policy?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag commit policy?
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:51:09 +0300
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000704043016.24020M-100000@fuga>; from lukka@xxxxxx on Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 04:31:02AM +0300
- Mail-followup-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <20000704114233.C16685@xxxxxxxxxxx> <Pine.LNX.3.96.1000704043016.24020M-100000@fuga>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 04:31:02AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> CVS logs are not fun to read when you have lots of files: CVS only
> gives the log of one file at a time.
> Having a ChangeLog generated from the commits in CVS would allow a quick
> read of what's changed. It should probably be done at checkin time(?)
One could add a ChangeLog target in the Makefile; this will require that
cvs2cl is installed. After that, it's a matter of "make ChangeLog".
However I don't see any point in having autogenerated files in CVS.
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%