:zz: Sewing machines rampant

Hi Mark-- you ask--

>In the absence of concurrency, would the complex tissue structure be a
>problem?

It actually really IS an implicit problem, but much has been
 handled in the original rules, avoiding SIMPLE accidents.
 As far as larger problems are concerned, you visualize
 the result and avoid results you don't want.

>>A wonderful image just occurred to me: a lot of berserk
>> sewing machines on wheels, stitching everything in your
>> closet together chaotically.
>
>In terms of this analogy, would you have the same problem with only one
>sewing machine?  ...>If the answers are "yes", then I'm confused.

No, because you solve it beforehand by intelligently avoiding
 an unfortunate result.

Best, Ted

At 05:01 PM 4/11/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 08:32 AM 4/11/99 , Ted Nelson wrote:
>>Hi Mark--
>>
>>The problem isn't concurrency.  The problem is the
>> complex tissue structure of ZigZag.
>
>In the absence of concurrency, would the complex tissue structure be a
>problem?
>

>>A wonderful image just occurred to me: a lot of berserk
>> sewing machines on wheels, stitching everything in your
>> closet together chaotically.
>
>In terms of this analogy, would you have the same problem with only one
>sewing machine?
>

>If the answers are "yes", then I'm confused.
>
>If the answers are "no", then concurrency -- as conventionally understood --
>*is* the problem.  From your description I'm even more confident that E's
>event-loop alternative can help.
>

>	Cheers,
>	--MarkM

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/  (Professorial page)
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net (see also Professorial page, above)
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
QOD 99.03.31
"Everything is like everything else, but some of the resemblances are
harder to see."  TN99