[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: No more patches
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: No more patches
- From: Bek Oberin <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:36:37 +1100
- In-reply-to: <19981121103228.B7864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Andrew Pam on Sat, Nov 21, 1998 at 10:32:28AM +1100
- References: <19981120031920.E6975@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19981120214726.21402.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx> <19981121103228.B7864@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Andrew Pam wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 1998 at 04:47:26PM -0500, Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
> > I like Bek's idea of a three-column table much better. If searching
> > the table is efficient, then all the typical queries that we need to
> > make will also be efficient. Methods for making fast queries on this
> > table are already well-known.
> Yes, as you will see from my other message on this topic, I have
> considered this design issue. At some point we should benchmark our
> algorithms to get a clear idea of the trade-offs.
The other problem with mine is it requires an SQL server.
It's MUCH easier to get people to just install the DB-thingy modules.
: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
: Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later.
: -- Brook's Law