[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (techy) Code specs?
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: (techy) Code specs?
- From: Mark-Jason Dominus <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:35:08 -0500
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:23:36 +1100." <19981115202336.D3347@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
> We can fight our religous wars
Not with me, you can't. I don't fight about stuff like that.
> 3 space indents
If you like. I always prefer 2-space, because space is precious.
> prototypes suck
Prototypes are fine for their intended purposes. The way they're used
in the existing code is not the intended purpose. My vote: Ditch them.
> put & and () on all functions zigzag's defined.
I don't understand why you want to make this distinction between
zigzag's internal functions and the other functions. What's the
point? What if a function moves out of the core?
&f() has different semantics from f(). These differences have nothing
to do with whether the function is in zigzag or not. Why do you want
to conflate these two nurelated things?
My vote: Omit & everywhere. Less punctuation is always better.
> put () on -all- functions