Re: [zzdev] Re: TEENY Interface Request

O Boy--

>The Netscape thing?  I could try, but someone else will have to tell
>me how to get the zigzag program to control Netscape.

*That* I think Andrew could do quickly, as he's
 done a number of similar things, I think.

>Also, I'm not clear on what the user does in this picture.  If I'm the
>user, do I control the program by clicking on stuff in the Netscape
>window or by typing at the zigzag program the way I do now?

Well, you *think* you're typing into Netscape,
 but you're typing to ZigZag, ZigZag outputs to Netscape.
 So Netscape sees no keystrokes, it's just holding a
 push window open.

Best,T

At 08:41 AM 11/5/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> Am eager to see.  Here's where the Interface Doctrine is:
>> * * * ALL VIEWS ARE VALID, EVERYBODY SHOULD HAVE
>>  THE INTERFACE THEY WANT. * * *
>
>Sure.  Otherwise it's just another `application'.
>
>> Speaking of which, would you possibly consider
>>  the two-hour jobby I asked Andrew for a month ago?
>
>The Netscape thing?  I could try, but someone else will have to tell
>me how to get the zigzag program to control Netscape.
>
>Also, I'm not clear on what the user does in this picture.  If I'm the
>user, do I control the program by clicking on stuff in the Netscape
>window or by typing at the zigzag program the way I do now?

 Home Fax from USA: 011-81-466-46-7368  (If in Japan, 0466-46-7368)
Professorial home page http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/
Permanent: Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
Quotation of the day, 98.11.05:
Last words of Ludwig Wittgenstein: "Tell them I had a wonderful life."