[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: Oooops big problem in zigzag implementation
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: Oooops big problem in zigzag implementation
- From: Bek Oberin <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 11:23:23 +1100
- In-reply-to: <19981101225849.2396.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>; from Mark-Jason Dominus on Sun, Nov 01, 1998 at 05:58:49PM -0500
- References: <184.108.40.206.19981101182345.008f14d0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19981101225849.2396.qmail@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:
>>> There is no efficient way to find out what links there are from a
>>> particular cell. You have to grovel over the entire database
>>> looking for the links.
I had always envisaged (although I don't think anybody -else- has!)
that for large sites we could swap the DBMS storage for SQL storage
where we can use a two-attribute key instead of the messy hack (the
dim+thingy) we have to use with the DBMS. That'd mean we could
"SELECT bar WHERE bar" to pretty neatly find the links going any
It's one of my vague plans to write a new Cell.pm (filename? not
sure, you know what I mean!), now it's module'd out, to use SQL and
see how it works for much bigger (ie: 100's of mbs) DBs.
: gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
: On-line, adj.: The idea that a human being should always be
: accessible to a computer.