[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] 0.8 alpha not working correctly for me
- To: Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] 0.8 alpha not working correctly for me
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:45:00 +0200
- Cc: Jack Seay <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <3DDFD1F2.6010005@xxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>, Jack Seay <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <923AAF60-FF04-11D6-8097-000A27985218@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <3DDFD1F2.6010005@xxxxxx>
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 08:07:30PM +0100, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Hi Jack,
> Jack Seay wrote:
> >I have downloaded the 0.8 alpha version and can't get it to work
> 0.8alpha1 isn't a public release-- it's not complete, it's not to be
> relied on, it's just something you can look at. ;-) Everything you
> describe is perfectly normal in 0.8alpha1.
To pick nits, it *is* public; it's downloadable. So is our CVS version.
But everything else you say *IS* true.
> There are no other cells. 0.8 starts with a clean slate-- only a single
> cell. This will remain so; we've found that most users find the initial
> set of cells confusing.
> >How do I execute commands?
> There are only the keyboard commands.
> >Get more than 3 views (I have Vanishing, Row, and Column)?
> There are no others at this point.
In opengl, there's also the demo xupdf view, which we'll make screenshots
of at some point.
> >How do I use the Gzz commander window (no curser visible)?
> Hmm, you should be able to type into the text box at the bottom, and
> execute commands by hitting 'Enter'?
> >What is the Updateloop enabled button?
> I think if it's off, the screen doesn't redraw, i.e. there are no
> reactions to key events, but I'm not 100% sure.
That's the basic idea, but it's not working yet.