[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] 0.8 alpha not working correctly for me
- To: Jack Seay <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] 0.8 alpha not working correctly for me
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 20:59:36 +0200
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <923AAF60-FF04-11D6-8097-000A27985218@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mail-followup-to: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jack Seay <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- References: <923AAF60-FF04-11D6-8097-000A27985218@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 10:56:55AM -0600, Jack Seay wrote:
> I have downloaded the 0.8 alpha version
I recommend using CVS if you're interested in the bleeding edge;
there's been a lot of progress after alpha1. We are preparing for
alpha4, but unfortunately the problems you describe below will not
be solved by it.
> and can't get it to work
Not a wonder. It's a full rewrite and much functionality is still
missing. If that's a problem for you, you should probably wait
until 0.8beta1 which we'll release when everything should be there.
> I use "java -jar gzz-0.8alpha1.jar -t -C" on the command
> line (Mac OSX). I get 2 blank windows until I hit "Home". Then I get
> one blank cell. I can edit it and add new cells. But where are all the
> other cells?
Not there yet.
> How do I execute commands?
You don't, yet. Edit the Java code.
> Get more than 3 views (I have
> Vanishing, Row, and Column)?
See the javadoc of Fallback, for the reasons for these: we need a version
of the system in pure java as a fallback before we can really implement
everything using the structure.
> How do I use the Gzz commander window (no
> curser visible)?
It enables you to type in jython commands. Useful for debugging.
> What is the Updateloop enabled button?
Currently, it does nothing.
> Where should I
> start in reading the docs for this version of gzz? (I like the improved
In CVS, the doc/ directory. And the javadocs.