[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Part of cursor spec implemented in Gzz
- To: zzdev <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Part of cursor spec implemented in Gzz
- From: Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein@xxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:02:23 +0200
just wanted to say that a good part of Ted's cursor spec (:zz,virt:
Cursor-switching command specs,
http://www.xanadu.com.au/mail/zzdev/msg02294.html) has just been
implemented in Gzz (can I hear a 'finally'? :-) ). The prefered starting
points for cursors were not implemented at this time, because we're
currently working on a version that does not store any preferences and
client-related information in the space-- just the user's data-- as a
stable 'fallback' when the structure-based client we intend to write
later is broken. However, the most important commands are there:
Alt-N for new window at home cell
Alt-F for cursor fork
Alt-A for arrowset reassignment
- I changed Ted's suggested Alt-C to Alt-N because I think that's more
mnemonic of the command.
- Spacebar for bringing next window front is not implemented because of
technical difficulties, will try later.
- Alt-V is not implemented a) because of technical difficulties; b)
because you can use your OS/window manager to close the window (e.g.
Alt-F4 on Windows) and I expect that users are already accustomed to
this; and c) because Alt-V is taken for changing the view, backwards.