Re: [zzdev] Re: :zz: We should standardize XML transmission of ZZstrux

Hi Les-- Sorry at this belated reply, my brains are scrambled
 from continental drift (my drift among them, not theirs)--

>Gzz.xml consists of a cells list followed by lists of dimensions (and the
>connections in each one).
>Leszz.xml consists of a list of cells where each cell contains a list of
>connections to each dimension.

The former, esoteric structure, must have some implementational
 reason.  The latter more corresponds to my deeply-ingrained notion
 of the world.

Is there a defining document for yours?

Best, T

At 07:36 AM 11/23/01 +1100, you wrote:
>At 08:14 22/11/2001 +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
>>There are now four different XML structures for ZZ--
>>  - as used in Gzz
>>  - as used by Les Carr
>>  - as used by Ian Heath
>>  - as used by Adam Moore
>>
>>Is anyone interested in mooting a standard?  So we can EXCHANGE?
>
>Gzz and Leszz both use variants of XML.
>
>Gzz.xml consists of a cells list followed by lists of dimensions (and the
>connections in each one).
>Leszz.xml consists of a list of cells where each cell contains a list of
>connections to each dimension.
>
>Either format is easy to produce by a fully-zz-enabled application.
>Outside that environment (e.g. using awk to process a slice in order to
>produce a data file to send to a graph drawing program) either one of these
>perspectives may be most useful, depending on the app. (Unsurprisingly, I
>have so far found the Leszz form to be most helpful.)
>Perhaps an interchange form should redundantly contain BOTH perspectives.
>
>Of course, in the future there will be NO applications which are
>zz-unaware, and the above is not a significant point :-)
>
>Leszz also contains a lot of other stuff (tutorial defn's etc) which should
>soon be folded into the cell structure.
>---
>Les

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965