:zz: Easy Mark

HiGuise--

>> > Each time this is done, such a cell will be extended
>> >  in d.mark from the marked cell.
>> > (Presumably these are clones.)

Only reason is to avoid having to replicate the data
 of "m.1"!

We don't *really* need any data in the cells, but
 for the time being it may help avoid confusion when
 there are several marks in the air.

>> And Xanni, how on EARTH would I keep the d.marklist lists working?

I still don't get the problem, but that shows that perhaps
 you are being cautious and I am not.

The phrase "keep them working" puzzles me because
 the mark cells they don't have any work to do except
 when an operation happens.  They just hang there,
 floating-- what was that phrase in the poem,
 "floating happy as a cloud" or something ?-)

Anyhow, to review --

A mark operation, or series of mark operations,
 results in a bunch of mark cells which are connected
 in d.marklist, even though they may be scattered all over.

When the user is done with them, or sometimes automatically,
 they disappear.  We'll work out the details of such circumstances
 betimes.

There should also be a way the user can later add to a previous
 marklist.

The *hard* part (it seems to moi) is to define all operations
 so that they work correctly with marking.

All da best, Ted

At 02:54 AM 8/10/98 +1000, you wrote:
>On Sun, Jun 21, 1998 at 04:12:54PM +1000, Gossamer wrote:
>> Ted Nelson wrote:
>> > m, M => extends a cursorlike cell in d.mark.
>> >  By default, it will contain the characters "m.1"
>> >  for the first marked sequence.
>> > Each time this is done, such a cell will be extended
>> >  in d.mark from the marked cell.
>> > (Presumably these are clones.)
>> > Meanwhile, all these cells containing "m.1"
>> >  will be put on a list in d.marklist.
>>
>> Clones of what?
>
>Clones of the first markcell in that marklist, though I can't quite see
>why linking the markcells in d.clone as well as d.mark is any help.  Ted?
>
>> And Xanni, how on EARTH would I keep the d.marklist lists working?
>
>I'm not sure I understand it clearly myself yet.  I'll try and go over it
>with Ted while we're in San Francisco.
>
>Cheers,
>	*** Xanni ***
>--
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.net/xanadu/                   Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/                   Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/                   Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia  Phone +61 3 96511511

http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    PERMANENT E-MAIL: ted@xxxxxxxxxx
 Home Fax: 0466-46-7368  From USA: 011-81-466-46-7368
Project Xanadu (Permanent)
 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965
 Tel. 415/ 331-4422, fax 415/ 332-0136
http://www.xanadu.net
Quotation of the day, 98.07.25:
"There is always far more to be explained than you possibly imagined would
be necessary when you started explaining."  TN98