[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- To: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Notes on accessing past versions
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:12:40 +0200
- In-reply-to: <20010224131831.A911@xxxxxxxxxxx>; from gaia@xxxxxx on Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:18:31PM +0200
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Development <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <20010223114609.A18335@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A96DA92.FA0032F4@xxxxxx> <20010224115918.A32572@xxxxxxxxxxx> <3A979326.15B8DB20@xxxxxx> <20010224131831.A911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:18:31PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On 20010224T115534+0100, Benjamin Fallenstein wrote:
> > No, because no cell in the versions would actually be accessed until you
> > rotate to version:home; and when you've rotated, version:list is not
> > visible any more, so only this specific version will be loaded.
> Ah, you mean rotating on that one axis.
> That dangerously assumes that the user will never rotate to version:list
> on one axis and to version:home on another.
Of course, the fact that loading a version is O(space_size) is
a current implementation detail and should not be reflected
in the design too much, as it may change and then we'd be left
with a design with the former limitations...
BTW: Great work on getting versions working, now for merging and
we can finally start using ZZ for our group's notes...