[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Conversion difficulties
- To: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Conversion difficulties
- From: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <gaia@xxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:57:05 +0200
- Cc: raulir@xxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <200101241041_MC2-C2E6-F105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 10:40:40AM -0500
- Mail-followup-to: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, raulir@xxxxxx
- References: <200101241041_MC2-C2E6-F105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 20010124T104040-0500, Marlene Mallicoat wrote:
> 1. When using gzz 0.5.0, step two of the process (gzz -oldformat -new OLD)
> hangs; the last two lines of messages say: EXCEPTION WHILE TRIGGERING!
> and Main exiting - on to the events
Rauli did some extensive changes to the trigger code. Rauli, can you
take a look at this?
> 2. So I went back to 0.4.0 to see just how far I could get with the
> conversion process. All four steps as specified by you completed properly.
> So then I added the dimensions d.children and d.marriage to the dimension
> list after d.3. However, only d.1 and d.2 show the Holm family demo links.
> If I put the cursor on a cell, Celeste for example, and rotate to
> d.marriage and d.children, no links whatever are shown. Was there some
> other way I was supposed to put the original dimensions back in?
That sounds like a strange bug.
> 3. Just out of curiousity, I ran 0.4.0 with the NEW (converted) data
> structure, no -import parameter, and only the Ctrl window came up -- no
> Data window.
We'll investigate this one.
> 4. I see now exactly what causes the little dimension map in the upper
> left corner to disappear -- changing to Row or Column view! This is true
> both on 0.4.0 and 0.5.0. Since those are the two views we mainly use, we
> really need to have the map stay on the screen.
Fixed by Benja, the fix will be in 0.5.1
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%
Keep the Deja Archive Alive!