[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: FlatRaster/SingleCellRaster name (Re: [zzdev] Dimension existence)
- To: Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: FlatRaster/SingleCellRaster name (Re: [zzdev] Dimension existence)
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:03:23 +0300 (EETDST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000726122020.37C1A9A1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On 25 Jul, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> > I'm not sure FlatRaster is a good name, it suggests to me something else.
> > ConnectionRaster?
> That's probably true: it's all the dimensions flattened to level, but
> maybe it sounds like it'll show only one plane of the space. Still
> ConnectionRaster sounds so general, there's connections in all rasters.
> And it doesn't show only a Single cell. The name should tell of showing
> _all_ the connections leaving the cell.
> I thought of it as a map: it maps the space to a plane _and_ helps you
> to navigate. I have a vision of it's looks, and it would look
> somewhat like a _compass_ - just with several needles.
I like it. Ted?