[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] d.masterdim and slices
- To: Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] d.masterdim and slices
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:52:21 +0300 (EETDST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000725185038.1D877990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On 25 Jul, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >> If s.0 is non-empty, then one would like to see the difference between
> >> getSpaceHome and getSliceHome(s.0) - if there's something to do with
> >> slices, why not with s.0 too?
> > Sorry, now I don't understand... why can't the Space home be designated as
> > the home cell of slice 0?
> If there's (and it seems there is) some cases we want to distinguish
> between a slice and the compound place, then we should make the
> difference visible somehow.
The point is that s.0 is *always* there. So think of the compound place as
s.0 with other things (slices) loaded in. That's why s.0's home is the
whole hog's home.