[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] d.masterdim and slices
- To: Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] d.masterdim and slices
- From: Tuomas Lukka <lukka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:45:02 +0300 (EETDST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <20000725060436.2BFC1990@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On 24 Jul, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> >> - Is there a slice that is not a slice ;-) Can we make s.0 be otherwise
> >> empty but just contain the information for the compound space? This
> >> way, no need to separate getSpaceHome and getSliceHome, as getSpaceHome
> >> = getSliceHome(s.0)
> > No, s.0 is the "current space" where everything is. There is stuff there.
> > But this is not really related to the second part of your question: we can
> > define that to be so anyway.
> If s.0 is non-empty, then one would like to see the difference between
> getSpaceHome and getSliceHome(s.0) - if there's something to do with
> slices, why not with s.0 too?
Sorry, now I don't understand... why can't the Space home be designated as
the home cell of slice 0?