Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: key bindings (was: Features wish list 00.07.15)

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Tuukka Hastrup wrote:
> On 16 Jul, Ted Nelson wrote:
> > Three top ones for now:
> >
> > ? h, H for Hop
> > ? fix view diagram so x and y are offset vertically
> > ? / to invoke link operation-- (!) is too hard
>
> What does hop do?

Rearranges a rank. Try it, it's implemented now. It literally hops a cell
over another one.

> And speaking of hard key strokes, you sure know the keyboard layouts
> vary with country and language. For example, in standard Finnish
> keyboard '~' is maybe the most difficult character to get (from the
> available ones), and you can't even get it in gZZ as it's a "dead key".
> Of course it's possible to configure the bindings, but why are we
> talking about these then ;-/ Could it be possible to stick to normal
> sign characters like + * ( / ? At least these should be available
> everywhere (or I don't even know!).

The tilde is actually my fault and completely my invention. What it
does is it simply exchanges the current cursor locations of the two views.

Ted, do you want to remap it somewhere or just forget the operation?

	Tuomas