Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] gzigzag/Java ZZTreeRaster.java (fwd)

AJ sez
>I need on input on this one: if the substructure being shown is not
>a tree, how should this raster cope with it?  My current method is

Note that a regular tree is going to be an extremely unusual case.
 So thinking about many many other cases should be your main
 concern.

ChrzT

At 01:51 PM 7/14/00 +0300, you wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 01:43:15PM +0300, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
>> > The way I expected it would be to put the accursed cell in the middle:
show
>> > its parent and siblings and children and grandchildren and
>> > greatgrandchildren etc.
>>
>> Hm, I'll have to think about that.  Actually, that's probably quite easy.
>
>I need on input on this one: if the substructure being shown is not
>a tree, how should this raster cope with it?  My current method is
>(I think...) to show a spanning tree of the subnetwork that consists of
>all cells reachable from the "root" poswards on the two dimensions shown.
>However, this method needs a "root" cell, and finding it from the accursed
>cell is easy only if the substructure is a true tree.
>
>--
>%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%

Theodor Holm Nelson
Project Professor, Keio University SFC Campus, Fujisawa, Japan
Visiting Professor, University of Southampton, England
 ?  e-mail: ted@xxxxxxxxxx   ?  world-wide fax 1/415/332-0136
 ?  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/    ?  http://www.xanadu.net
 ? Coordinates in USA      Tel. 415/ 331-4422
  Project Xanadu, 3020 Bridgeway #295, Sausalito CA 94965