[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ASCII Dump
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: ASCII Dump
- From: Gossamer <gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 1998 17:16:21 +1000
- Cc: ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <22.214.171.124.19980626024213.01418b50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Ted Nelson on Fri, Jun 26, 1998 at 02:42:13AM +0900
- References: <19980620232808.A849@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <126.96.36.199.19980626024213.01418b50@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
Ted Nelson wrote:
> A question about your ASCII dump program.,
> which I hope to try soon.
> Does running zzundump clobber the current zigzag.data?
> Or can it somehow meld datasets?
It clobbers it.
It'd be -very- difficult to meld two databases, if not impossible.
And to answer your other question, yes it -should- work on crashed
databases. In fact, that's its main use - then I can look at the
dump andh see just what went wrong :)
: Gossamer - gossamer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx - http://www.tertius.net.au/~gossamer/
: You have a right to an opinion. You just don't have a right to an
: opinion that no one disagrees with. -- SFJ