Possibility generator

I have come up with an interesting idea regarding a capability
that could be used with ZZspace -- a possibility generator.

For example, say you want to find all the permutations of eclipse
combinations.  The types of bodies that can be eclipsed include
moons, planet, sun and asteroids (we will ignore comets, planetary
rings & atmospheres and stars).  What kind of eclipses could be
made from these four things?

Moon-Planet
Moon-Sun
Moon-Asteroid
Planet-Sun
Planet-Asteroid
Sun-Asteroid
Moon-Planet-Sun
Moon-Planet-Asteroid
Moon-Sun-Asteroid
Planet-Sun-Asteroid
Moon-Planet-Sun-Asteroid

This could be extended to include multiple bodies of the same kind:
eg Moon-Moon or even Moon-Moon-Moon.

The zigzag program would create these possibilities, and you could
fill in details into each cell.

Of course, the number of combinations or permutations could number
in the hundreds, thousands, millions or more.  So only cells visited
would be created, so valuable space is not wasted.  In addition,
cells with edited contents would be displayed differently than those
without edited contents, so that you can quickly find what you wrote.

What kind of applications could a possibility generator be used for?

Here's a few examples:
Scientific
Recipe generator
Schedule generator
Catalogs of phenomena
Certain thinking tasks
Mathematics
Probability calculations (the miserable odds of winning a lottery)

With the possibility generator you will be able to select options.
Permutation-Combinations, # of items included, etc.  More advanced
options could be used if you wanted to solve mathematics problems.

Comments, suggestions?