[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zigzag] Re: [zigzag] Re: [zigzag] Re: :zz: Edward Prentice' problem
- To: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [zigzag] Re: [zigzag] Re: [zigzag] Re: :zz: Edward Prentice' problem
- From: "Edward G. Prentice" <egp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 14:15:03 -0500
- In-reply-to: <19981122041529.A8691@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <18.104.22.168.19981121111643.0082a890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.19981121202229.008bf700@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <126.96.36.199.19981106174841.00902320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <188.8.131.52.19981106174841.00902320@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19981118180315.M5553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <184.108.40.206.19981121202229.008bf700@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19981121224820.B8206@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <220.127.116.11.19981121111643.0082a890@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zigzag@xxxxxxxxxx
Well, I managed to work around it, and I have now successfully
loaded the data file. Just in case I'm not the only person
who encounters this problem, I'll explain the process I went through
so people can understand it as I now do.
Once I realized it wanted a DOS format disk with the datafile,
I checked out Ted's website
and found a pointer to zigzag datasets, and then to the file zzdata050.zz
I downloaded it and copied it to a DOS format floppy. That didn't work;
again with an error message that flashed by too quickly to see.
Then I tried renaming it to zigzag.data, since the documentation
said that was the default filename, but that didn't work.
Then I had the insight that when the program exits, it offers to
save your revised data to disk. I did so, and noted the filename
that it used, which was "zigzag.zz" as you have now confirmed.
After renaming the zzdata050.zz to zigzag.zz, I was able to see
the demo data when I started up.
My suggestion is that you document the workaround on the
page where people can download the standalone bootable linux version,
until you're able to make a new one with the fix.
Of course anyone on this mailing list that reads this can
also get to it, but I suspect that the VAST majority of people
that download the standalone version won't be on the list.
At 04:15 11/22/98 +1100, you wrote:
>You're absolutely correct. It appears we changed the filename zigzag
>is looking for to "zigzag.zz" without remembering to rename the sample
>data file supplied on the demo disk. Well spotted!
>This will be fixed in the next release, coming shortly. Thanks for your
>patience and assistance!
>Share and enjoy,
> *** Xanni ***
>mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
>http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Technical VP, Xanadu
>http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
>http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
>P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511
"Edward G. Prentice" <egp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>