Re: HotZiggity resets the BIOS ?!?

On Wed, Jun 24, 1998 at 01:15:50AM +0900, Ted Nelson wrote:
> This is bad.

Yes, but I can't see how it could have been caused by the HotZiggity code.

> I thought that Linux kept its own BIOS in RAM.

Correct.  It pretty much ignores the ROM BIOS.  However, the "BIOS
settings" are the settings in the CMOS NVRAM that are used by the BIOS.
Linux does use the CMOS NVRAM (that's where the Real Time Clock is kept!),
but we didn't include that code in the HotZiggity demo disk.

Cheers,
	*** Xanni ***
--
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx                         Andrew Pam