[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xanadu] questions about formatting in Xanadu
- To: xanadu@xxxxxxxxxx, "Jack Seay" <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [xanadu] questions about formatting in Xanadu
- From: "Benja Fallenstein" <benja.fallenstein@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:10:29 +0200
- In-reply-to: <4B81C5FB-7C01-4AB8-BFBB-E368E5EEE044@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <4B81C5FB-7C01-4AB8-BFBB-E368E5EEE044@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I know, I think, what the plan for capitalization was, because we had
it implemented in Gzz at some point.
On 6/9/06, Jack Seay <jackseay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For example, if it is attempted to automatically
capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence, but
change the case if that word is moved to the middle of the sentence,
that would not work for proper names or acronyms.
You would type in a capital letter for acronyms and proper names even
at the beginning of a sentence. People would be expected to get used
The way sentences are delimited is by putting two spaces between them,
but only one between words. The first letter after a sentence break
would be shown capitalized even if it was stored as small caps
Xanadu may have been different, of course, but I believe the above
design came from Ted.