MultiBert EndSets

Precis: The inclusion list makes it easy, and inevitable, that
people will create endsets for which there is no single bert
that contains the entire endset. As nearly as I can tell, the
current document design assumes a single containing bert. Do
we have a problem here?
----

Ever since the discussion of embedded and standalone links, I've
fired an occasional neuron worrying about the bert context mechanism
for picking an endset, and its possible failures (starting
with my desire to remember the bert of the inclusion list which
was the context for a referenced document, so that when the link
to the referenced document is traversed, we get not merely the
document itself, but also the inclusion list it was  being viewed
within at the time of link creation).

Well, there's a more problematic case out there. Let us open
an inclusion list that references several documents. The user
selects a big chunk--a chunk so big that it encompasses a couple
of the referenced documents. He calls this an endset and runs
a link to it.

What's the bert context? My first reaction is that the bert context
is the inclusion list, but the references are not contained in
the inclusion list (using the exact, xanalogical meaning of the
term "contain"). What we really have here is a single bert that
is referencing several other berts, and it's this group of other
berts that we ran the link to. Are there any problems in this
situation?

If the user selects several noncontiguous pieces, out of several
different referenced documents,  rather than selecting a wholesale
collection of whole documents, are there any additional problems
with that?

--marcs