Re: Scans of Literary Machines 93.1

I read the first 3 chapters online also, then got the book from
Eastgate. Chapter 4 is especially critical to understanding what
Xanadu is all about. That's where I learned for the first time how it
all works. It would also be nice if the fax files could be converted
to pdf, or something similar. I had a hard time getting the fax
reader downloaded. Of course, Xanadu format would be best.

  djast  said at ÒScans of Literary Machines 93.1Ó.
[Jul/27/2000Thu 03:31]
-Just recently I downloaded and print out the scans of Literary
-Machines 93.1 available on Ted's web-site (at http://
-www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~ted/TN/PUBS/LM/LMpage.html).  I had been trying
-to get a copy of this book for a while, and I really enjoyed reading
-it--but now I'm left hungry for more :-), as only scans of the first
-part of the book are available there, with the other parts (chapters
-four and five, and 'afterchunks') "not currently on line".  I was
-wondering if anyone could tell me the status of these remaining
-parts--are there any plans to scan them in and put them up in the
-near future?

Dave Winer: "I strongly believe a new economy will form around news
written by people who are now considered amateurs by professional
journalists. The journalism profession delivers superficial stories,
esp in technology, where most of the writers lack the background of
even a first year computer science undergrad.