Re: Fwd: In-Band Information Considered Harmful

In your mail of Tue Oct 27 23:02:52 1998 (subject: Re: Fwd:
In-Band Information Considered Harmful)
> Thanks for telling us about the mac word processors that work
> this way - I didn't know there were any!

 Ancient letter, but thought I'd add that of course both the
OS/2 and BeOS enhanced text editors also do this by keeping the
type face and other style info in an EA for the file while the
file itself is just plain ascii text for OS/2 and UTF8 text for
BeOS.
 Actually the BeFS having all the key benefits of Unix, HFS,
HPFS, and being a journeled file system is quite a good
candidate for a long term storage solution.