Re: Non-ASCII characters in Green

At 12:41 AM -0500 5/9/03, Jeff Rush wrote:
I wonder whether 16-bit chars ought to be done with a different resource type (1 = bytes, 2 = links, 3 = words) so that it isn't even possible to address the bytes out-of-phase as you could using a link-type. I wouldn't use a different resource type for each encoding though, just for each physical chunk size.

Of course you could go all the way and let characters be those
arbitrary-precision numbers.  Humbers, is it?   But I guess with
arbitrarily long characters you have the problem of addressing
bytes within characters.   Hah.  Just another field in the address...

 --Steve