[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Blank cells in dimlist (wuz Re: [zzdev] :virt,tx,gzz: What to do in undefined conditions :)
- To: Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Blank cells in dimlist (wuz Re: [zzdev] :virt,tx,gzz: What to do in undefined conditions :)
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:40:00 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <22.214.171.124.20000711214242.0087b9a0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Ted Nelson wrote:
> >Ok, fixed the empty dimcell addition to only crash that
> >particular view for now. That's important to do first so that
> >if we later find different bugs in the view code, they won't completely
> >crash but only that view again.
> >THEN, if we want, we can special case it to e.g. just show nothing on
> >that dimension.
> Couldn't you check input on that dimension to prevent
> the blank instead?
That's what I mean: that's the *specific* fix.
The *general* semi-fix is to make it fall down less badly on *any*
such crash. Otherwise each small error possibility will have too large