Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 07:29:40AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> > Ouch. That means that when making a version, we must make a temporary
> > change to CVS and then back that change out again?
>
> No, when releasing, we should *first* make a branch for the release,
> make the version change in that branch and *then* tag the final version,
> in that branch.  No version changes *ever* in CVS trunk.
>
> That also allows us, if we ever decide to do that, to make maintenance
> releases by just checking out the branch, making the fixes, tagging
> and releasing.

When the time is ripe (but not yet) this could be codified:

	make VERSION=0.01 version_branch
	make release
	make VERSION=0.01.1 maintenance_version

or something?