Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] :gzz: Correction: I was using 0704 version till yesterday. Best, T

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 04:56:29AM +0300, Tuomas J. Lukka wrote:
> AJ, could you make the daily builds insert an identifier somewhere,
> e.g. the window title, that would be clearly visible?

Yes.  I'm going to arrange it in this way:

In CVS:
  - add BuildInfo.java.in, which is used by Makefile to generate
    BuildInfo.java; BuildInfo.info will contain the text which
    will be appended to the window title

  - add build-tag.txt containing the text which will be appended to the
    window title, and nothing more.  Default content (in CVS):
    "Custom CVS build"

  - Makefile uses sed to generate BuildInfo.info from BuildInfo.java.in
    and build-tag.txt

In build scripts:
  - build-tag.txt content is replaced before building

The point of this elaborateness is to minimize the potential of damage
the build scripts can do to the sources.  Because the BuildInfo sedding
is also fragile, we don't edit ZZSimpleClient2.java directly in Makefile.

Objections or thoughts?
--
%%% Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho % gaia@xxxxxx % http://www.iki.fi/gaia/ %%%