[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] JDK1.1/1.2 compat. problem: cursor keysjjjjj
- To: Edward Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Re: [zzdev] JDK1.1/1.2 compat. problem: cursor keysjjjjj
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 11:21:32 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: Tuukka Hastrup <Tuukka.Hastrup@xxxxxx>, zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Edward Harter wrote:
> Hi Tuukka,
> >Me and A-J tested the jars with IBM jdk1.3. It worked fine, excluding
> >the cursor keys. We found out that keyboard events have been changed
> >between jdk1.1 and 1.2 so that an undefined character is not
> >represented by number 0 but by 65535 (-1) instead. This change creates
> >a problem only when gZZ compiled with jdk1.1 (like the jars) is run
> >with a newer jdk/jre.
> Just one quick question for you: is there any reason to compile the
> jars with jdk1.1? We've been getting a number of very strange halts
> and problems (of various types) the last few days with various .jar
> versions (we were working with 0706 for the most part today), I
> wonder if there might be some kind of version compatibility problem
More likely you're doing something that the program doesn't expect.
Are you manipulating the dimension lists a lot?
Could you please try to isolate problems so that we could fix them?