[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- To: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [zzdev] Anomaly report: re dimensions
- From: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:57:44 +0300 (EEST)
- Cc: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pam gw <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>, Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <200007040453_MC2-AB00-A9C3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> 1. I accidentally added a blank cell on d.dimension and it caused the
> system to freeze up if I tried to rotate into that blank cell.
You probably mean the dimension list, right?
I know why this happens but the big question is how to fix it in
the right way.
> 2. I wanted to change the name of a dimension, but when I did, all the
> cells on that dimension disappeared (and reappeared when I changed the name
> back). It seems like a person should be able to change dimension names?
This is a quite important decision. Ted has implied that dimensions
are strings; then it is not possible.
Now you're implying that dimensions are more individual objects by themselves,
not just strings.
This has VERY deep implications.