[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
:zz: Clarification re Basic Rule, Temp Lists
- To: "Tuomas J. Lukka" <lukka@xxxxxx>
- Subject: :zz: Clarification re Basic Rule, Temp Lists
- From: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 06:01:08 -0500
- Cc: ZZ Developers <zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx>, Andrew Pam gw <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ed Harter <eharter@xxxxxxxxx>, Ted Nelson <ted@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: Marlene Mallicoat <MarleneM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A clarification of my suggestion about temporary lists.
Any operation which is always atomic need not in principle disclose
its inner workings. It's only when something creates ongoing data
structures that this is really important.
However, in *principle* it would be nice to have things keep to the
ZZ structure "all the way down"-- that way if we ever move to a
true ZZ virtual machine, there'll be less conversion. And it's cleaner.
All best, Ted