[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ZZDEV Problems
- To: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: ZZDEV Problems
- From: Andrew Pam <xanni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 08:29:21 +1000
- In-reply-to: <220.127.116.11.19990418124135.008718b0@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Joseph Osako on Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 12:41:35PM -0700
- References: <18.104.22.168.19990407211222.007d9a80@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <370B62E1.370721F2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <22.214.171.124.19990418124135.008718b0@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: zzdev@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 12:41:35PM -0700, Joseph Osako wrote:
> Sorry for the delay here, I've been unexpectedly busy.
That's OK, I think we've all been there. :-)
> This is mostly what I had in mind; the size issue is more a reflection of
> a) my personal programming esthetics and b) that I wasn't very familiar
> with the current version. The seperation of front end and back is the real
> key, esp if we're going to supportthe program on more than one platform.
> The FE-BE seperation is a key part of the final Xanadu system, for the same
> reason (among others).
> Perhaps. What I was looking for in the short term was just a physical
> seperation of the interface code into a seperate package file, which is a
> lot simpler than a full-fledged client-server design. What may make the
> most sense is if I work out a simple prototype on a seperate RCS worldline
> (is that the right term?), with no (or very few) changes in program
> behavior, just separating the UI code out.
I already did this a few versions ago to permit the parallel development
of other UIs, including the Zizl web interface. The Zigzag.pm module
should now be pretty much free of UI code.
*** Xanni ***
mailto:xanni@xxxxxxxxxx Andrew Pam
http://www.xanadu.com.au/ Chief Scientist, Xanadu
http://www.glasswings.com.au/ Technical Editor, Glass Wings
http://www.sericyb.com.au/sc/ Manager, Serious Cybernetics
P.O. Box 26, East Melbourne VIC 8002 Australia Phone +61 3 96511511